Building & Zoning

Permit Process
Building PermitsThe contracted Building Inspector and Zoning Administrator for the village is currently vacant. For questions, please call Village Hall at 989-275-5743 ext. 13 and speak with the Village Manager, Ron Alden. Jim Letts is available on Wednesdays typically at 11 am. Please call ahead to Village Hall at 989-275-5743 ext 10 to make sure that Jim is available.
For quicker responses, please email him at

For Soil Erosion Permits call (989)275-8323.
Miss Dig (800)482-7171

Mechanical and Plumbing PermitsPursuant to the provision of the Michigan Plumbing & Mechanical Code, in accordance with Act 230 of the Public Acts of 1972, as amended, the State of Michigan Plumbing & Mechanical Inspector is hereby designated as the enforcing agency to discharge the responsibilities for the Village of Roscommon under Act 230 of the Public Acts of 1972, as amended, State of Michigan.  The Village of Roscommon hereby assumes responsibility for the administration and enforcement of said Act throughout its corporate limits.


Electrical PermitsThe contracted Electrical Inspector is Mark Thompson. For questions or to schedule inspections Mark can be reached at (989) 366-5049, or at (989) 422-3687. (Permits are processed through village hall, but inspections must be scheduled directly through the electrical inspector himself.)

Other Planning and Zoning Documents